Manufacturing Operations Manager
The Manufacturing Operations Manager is a growth-minded, innovative individual who will partner with the executive team to streamline and modernize manufacturing operations at Earthworks Audio. Along with administrative duties, this position is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, inventory, productivity, quality, and safety measures for manufacturing operations at Earthworks Audio. This includes forecasting, planning, controlling, and directing all manufacturing activities, as well as coordinating with the organization’s business leaders in order to meet or exceed the organization’s objectives.
Establishes strategic direction, department objectives, and provides leadership to achieve results in the following areas:
- Production control, planning, and scheduling
- Ensures products are manufactured to engineering quality and standards
- Capacity utilization and improvement
- Budgeting and resource management including P&L activities
- Forecasting and Inventory control
- Collaborates with all departments to ensure policies and systems being used are efficient, effective, and in concert with business goals and philosophies
- Ensures a safe, injury/accident-free workplace
- Help transition to a new ERP system.
- Drives production schedule workflow through leadership and management of the production planning process.
- Coordinates with Supply Chain Manager to obtain purchased materials and services as required by ERP/MRP and inventory analysis
- Identifies and develops and refines manufacturing processes and techniques to increase efficiency and productivity across Earthworks’ manufacturing operations
- Supervises, coaches, and mentors the production team.
- Coordinate physical inventory and cycle count program
- Ensures that new, current, and evolving procedures, protocols, and processes are documented, implemented, and followed according to that documentation.
- Oversight and management of department related data retained in ERP/MRP and information systems to ensure alignment with company goals and objectives
- Participates in and provides a strong interface for the product development team to ensure new products meet “production-ready” standards
Some exposure to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can occasionally be loud. Safety equipment is available and must be used.
This position is active and may require some standing, walking, and lifting (up to 75 pounds, and occasionally over 100 pounds with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full time, exempt position
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 5 years of experience managing electronics manufacturing. Successful project management experience and/or global sourcing experience are a plus.
Reports directly to the executive office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.