Earthworks is seeking an experienced Swiss machinist to complement our small machine shop team. Our daily needs vary, and your skilled efforts will support our production team making world-class microphones in a lean manufacturing environment. Working with your shop teammates, you’ll produce machined components by programming, setting up, and operating a variety of computer numerical controlled (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; and maintaining equipment and supplies. The ideal candidate will be excited to use your Fanuc programming experience operating our swiss laser tech.
- Coordinates with the shop leadership to manage the flow of work through the shop ensuring safe, quality, and timely production
- Performs programming (Fanuc, other), setup (tooling and fixturing), and operation of laser Swiss turning center and other turning centers
- Consistently maintain close tolerances
- Working knowledge of G&M code
- Follow both verbal and written instructions – including blueprints/technical drawings, and communication from supervisor
- Performs both visual and dimensional inspection of parts to assure conformance to blueprints and quality plans
- Participates in First-Part QA process
- Participate in continuous improvement of programs and procedures, with a mindset for process control
- Maintains equipment by performing preventive maintenance – following manufacturer’s instructions, and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Keeps shop clean and safe while adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Regular and consistent attendance at the Milford Manufacturing location is required
Some exposure to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can occasionally be loud. Safety equipment is available and must be used.
This position is active and may require some standing, walking, and lifting (up to 75 pounds, and occasionally over 100 pounds with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position; three 12-hour days (36 hours).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Extensive knowledge and experience with Swiss machining and Fanuc controls. Experience in team-oriented manufacturing operating CNC machines. HS degree or GED required. A two-year college degree in a relevant vocational tech program or additional equivalent experience is a plus. CAM software experience is a plus.
Reports directly to Supply Chain Manager
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.