Senior Industrial Designer – Audio Electronics
For over 25 years, Earthworks Audio has sculpted the sounds of your favorite concert halls and performance venues around the globe. Design is at the center of crafting those experiences, and as a Senior Industrial Designer you’ll collaborate with a team of engineers, creatives, and manufacturing professionals within the organization to bring our brand values to life.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Design both sonically and visually beautiful product experiences
- Generate and present “human-centered” design concepts
- Prototype continuously while testing designs with users ranging from beginners to industry professionals
- Create high quality digital models using SolidWorks as well as other modeling and design tools to produce technical drawings and communicate design intent
- Leverage a variety of production techniques ranging from 3D printing to CNC machining while ensuring ease of manufacturability and a smooth handoff to production
- Collaborate closely with the Earthworks Audio leadership team to develop well-balanced solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education requirements:
- Radical creativity
- Complex problem solving
- Passion for materials and material exploration
- 4 year or advanced degree in Industrial Design (related design or engineering degrees considered)
- Minimum of 3 years industrial design or product design experience
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates your competencies
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD and graphic design software
- Excellent communication skills including; verbal communication, hand sketches
- A deep appreciation of aesthetics
- Capable of taking ideas from concept to prototyping using a variety of methods and resources
- Understanding of audio and acoustics (or the desire to learn)
Physical Demand: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time exempt
Pay: Starting at $70,000
COVID-19 considerations: All employees are to sign and comply with our COVID compliance policies.
Earthworks is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.