30kHz Measurement Microphone
Accurate in the time domain and frequency response, the M30 is the measurement microphone is remarkably stable with respect to temperature and atmospheric conditions and are optimized for clean, very fast impulse performance providing accurate wideband response with virtually no handling noise
3Hz – 30kHz flat frequency response
Omnidirectional polar pattern
Handles up to 140dB SPL without distortion
- 30kHz flat frequency response
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Improved version of the SMAARTMIC™ previously offered by EAW
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART™, MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, TEF™ and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Each M Series microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating Temp Range: -20 deg C to +60 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 140 deg. F)
- Storage Temp Range: -40 deg C to +80 deg C ( -40 deg. F to 176 deg. F)
- Humidity: Up to 90%
- Re-calibration recommended every five (5) years
Frequency Response: 3Hz to 30kHz ±1/-3dB
Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
Sensitivity: 34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
Max Acoustic Input: 140dB SPL
Output: XLR (pin 2+)
Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
Dimensions L x D: 229mm x 22mm (9 x .860 inches)
Weight: .5 lb. (225g)
M30 30kHz omnidirectional measurement microphone
M30mp 30kHz omnidirectional measurement microphone – matched pair
- Test / Measurement
- ADP1 1/2″ Calibrator Adapter
- MC1 Microphone Clip
The accuracy of the Earthworks M30 microphone is stunning. I know that when the system is tuned using this microphone the results will be pure audio bliss.
The Earthworks M30 measurement mic is the first piece of gear I grab for when I’m ready to tune my P.A. system, I know its frequency response is very accurate and will tell me exactly what’s happening in the room.
Every show I’ve mixed for Umphrey’s McGee is available for download. That requires accurate tuning for my mix to translate to the recording. The M30 is the most accurate way I can measure that.
I’ve been using the M30 all around the world this year and love it. It’s incredibly accurate and dependable.
I take tuning as seriously as I do mixing. If there’s anything I own that I can honestly say makes it to every gig, its my Earthworks M30.